Monday, September 15, 2008

Healing and Allowing

I've been working diligently on building my energy healing and nutritional counseling business. However, it wasn't until just this last weekend that I finally understood how healing really works. Until now, I've been focusing on the technical aspects of health and wellness, like learning which foods, herbs and supplements are good for helping which diseases and various other processes that can help one achieve overall wellness.

It finally occurred to me after dealing with my own nagging health problem and meeting a very intuitive healer via a series of divinely orchestrated events, that all of those aspects are helpful, but it really comes down to one basic thing. Allowing the Universe, All-That-Is, God, or Source Energy (fill in your preferred term here) to lead you to a solution. It's all about listening quietly to the little clues that are being constantly given to you. Once you find yourself in a receptive state, things just begin happening and people and events line up that combine to solve any problem, big or small. Luckily, I only had a minor problem to deal with in order to learn this lesson.

I did notice that people kept asking me whether or not I meditate. I would always give them the same answer about how I live my life in a meditative state which was designed let me off the hook for having to sit down and have a real structured practice. Well, after people were asking me this on what became a daily basis, I decided to take heed and sit my butt down to meditate.

This one meditation session later appeared to have set in motion a whole series of fortunate events. I didn't see it connect at first, but now it's clear to me that the meditation must have played a significant role in allowing the flow. A friend of mine, one of the ones who asked if I meditate, made mention of the idea of "releasing" that same night. When I went to sit down and meditate, I decided to put on a guided meditation tape I have, just to make the whole process a little easier to get back into. Guess what the meditation that randomly played was focused on? You got it- Releasing! It was one where you breathe in positive and send out the negative. This stuff really works!

I'm excited to see what else I can invite into my experience by continuing my meditation practice. In fact, I'm motivated to go and do it right now. =)

No comments: